The remarkable effects of massage on the skin | Massage Haywards Heath
Massage has been a technique that has been used around the world for many centuries. It has many health benefits on the body and helps to heal the mind, body, and spirit.
The benefits of massage
Massage has many health benefits. It can help keep your mind level as well as help your body fight off stress, illness and helps with anti-aging. Massage also has holistic benefits on the body.
- Helps your lymphatic system.
- Helps improve your blood circulation.
- Helps relieve tired and sore muscles.
- Helps cell regeneration which will help with anti-aging.
- Helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Please keep in mind that the stretch marks have to still be pink in order for massage to help it. Pink indicates that there is still blood flow to that specific area.
- Helps with water retention and swelling especially during pregnancy.
- Helps to keep the skin soft from the massage medium used.
- Helps reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Massage can help your body in more than just a physical way.
- Massage helps to keep your mind quiet for a few minutes a week.
- Helps you deal with stress.
- Allows you to feel rejuvenated and relaxed after a massage treatment.
- Helps you to deal with your emotional stress and troubles you might be having.
- Helps you to sleep better.
Different massage techniques to help the skin
There are many different types of massage techniques that you can find at your local spa or salon. There are only a few techniques that can help with your skin to look younger, healthier and more vibrant.
- Lymphatic drainage: Lymphatic massage is one of my favourite massages to perform on people who want help with an anti-aging treatment. This massage works on your lymphatic system. It is a very superficial massage so it should not hurt. It helps improve your movement of your lymphatic system which will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your skin. It can also help reduce the appearance of cellulite. By draining your lymphatic system, you help the body get rid of the toxins and allow the cells to be healthy and nourish the skin rather than dull the skin.
- Mechanical use: This massage technique makes use of mechanical help such as a G5 machine. This massage only lasts about 30 minutes, however; it is a deep massage and is perfect for reducing the appearance of cellulite. The massage can become itchy. This is normal as it means that there is blood flow to that area. Blood flow means that those skin cells are getting the vitamins and minerals that it needs in order for the skin to heal itself and to appear healthier.
- Swedish massage: This is a classic massage that is used all over the world for relaxation and to turn the mind off for a few minutes. You may not be aware but by massaging the body on regular basis, you are promoting blood flow and lymphatic flow. This will encourage the body to create good skin cells that are full of healthy nutrients. The massage medium used during this treatment hydrates and moisturises the skin. As an added bonus, this massage helps to reduce pain in muscles and helps your body to get rid of toxins. By removing toxins, your skin will look astonishing and you will feel like a new person.
- Deep Tissue massage: Deep tissue massage or sports massage is used for people who are suffering from sports injuries or chronic pain. It is a deep massage so it can be painful at times. On a cellular level, deep tissue massage breaks down the old, damaged cells and allows the body to produce new, healthy cells that will not only help the muscle heal but will also help the skin appearance. Often the skin is hard or bumpy in areas that have been damaged. This massage technique helps the skin to heal as well and will help you get rid of the hard, bumpy skin.
What people say after a good massage
Once people have gone for regular massage treatments, they will always tell you how much better they feel. Their skin looks more alive and feels softer. They feel healthier and their skin does not look like a train track on their legs or flaking off their body.
Some massages can be painful and they feel drained after their treatment. The day after their massage, they feel more alive and as if they can take over the world in their pain-free, glowing body.
Massage has helped women through pregnancy and has helped reduce the appearance of their cellulite and stretch marks after they have given birth. It has also helped a lot of people with water retention and swollen joints throughout summer and spring.
Massage works best with a few helpers to improve your skin
Massage works well with a skin care routine that will aid in the process you wish to better. You can apply raw potato wedges on your eyes to help with the sagging skin.
I highly recommended that everyone take time out of their week to go and have a relaxing yet healing massage. Your body needs time to relax and process the week without being disturbed. Massage gives you the time to think of how to deal with your issues or helps you switch off for awhile. You will not regret walking into the spa and you will be hooked once you start.
Your body and skin is the only thing in this world that is truly yours. You need to take care of your skin and what better way than a weekly massage.